The individual program of specializedtrainingcoursebasedon thestandardprogramof theMinistry of Health of Ukraine and approved by the Scientific Council and the Rector of the Lugansk state medical university.
The individual program of specialization included the following theoretical and practical aspects:
- Methods of investigations in ophthalmology.
- Anatomy, physiology and functions of eye organs.
- Clinics, diagnostics of the diseases of the front section and its appendages..
- Diseases of the vascular tract, retina and optic nerve.
- Tropical and infectious diseases of eyes.
- Diseases of crystalline lens. Glaucoma..
- Traumas and burns of eyes. Diseases of the orbit.
- Pathology of the eye organ in childhood and under the general diseases of the organism..
- Diseases of the eye-moving apparatus.
- Clinical pharmacology.
- Clinical biochemistry.
Practical part Assistant/ surgeon
- Manipulation on the eye organ.
- Operations on the eye appendages.
- Extration of cataract with implantation of artificial lens.
- Pathogenetic operations under glaucoma.
- Lamellar and penetrating keratoplasty.
- Operations under the detachment of the retina.
- First medical treatment of eyeball injuries.
- Diascleral extraction of intraeye foreign bodies from the eye.
- Operations on the lachrymal organs.
- Correction of squint.
- Work at the ophthalmologic and diagnostic medical apparatus.
- Laser on the front and back section of eye.
- Choice of obstacles and contact lenses.
- Phacoemulsification of cataract.